Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Here's My Question

I'm sick.
Again.
I'm so stinking sick of being sick.

My brother has been sick since last summer at 2:00.
(My grandpa used to say that all the time.  You asked him 'when' about anything and his response was always last summer at 2:00.)
My brother is stinking sick of being sick too.

I think stress is the reason we can't recover.
Stress is going to kill us.
It really might.
I'm not going to go into the cause of the stress, but it's ugly.

I'm in bed listening to Jason and Em play the piano downstairs, and I'm thinking about Obama Care.
My sister told me last night that by 2014 small business insurance rates will raise by at least 40%, which will make it pretty much impossible to offer insurance to our employees.

Enter Obama Care.

This is not a political post, and I'm not going to say anything one way or the other, but I do have a question.
You know, for all of you who are much more educated than I am in the way of all things political.

From the way I understand things, with Obama Care someone other than Em's cardiologist will make the ultimate decision of if and when she will get heart surgery.
Someone other than Em's cardiologist will determine if Em is even qualified to have surgery.

I didn't sleep last night, for worrying about this.
My jaw hurts this morning because of how tightly I clenched my teeth.
My mom would tell me not to borrow trouble, but seriously - is it possible that my sweet girl won't get the treatment she needs at some point?

I'm going to go watch Season Two of Downton Abbey.  That should help ease the jaw clenching.

Stupid stress.

5 comments:

-stephanie- said...

This is the time to really cling to our Lord!

Lalis said...

I wish I had an answer for you. One side will say, "no," while others will say "yes," and others will say, "yes, but..."

I don't quite understand it myself. I'd have to read the hundreds of pages describing it to really give an answer.

Downton Abbey is good for de-stressing.

aimee said...

Hope you are feeling better! Saw this and thought of you and Emily. Kind of pricey, but cute!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94274482/mother-daughter-elephant-necklace-set

WellaWitch said...

I'm so sorry that you are worried/sick. (I guess this is where that saying "worried sick" comes from.) My understanding is that Em's doctors will always be the ones to make her healthcare decisions. The main issue (now and after Obama Care takes effect) is if the insurance company will pay for the procedures. But, there are provision in the new health care law that give you protection against claims denials and appeals rights. A good place to get the basics of the new law is http://www.healthcare.gov/law/features/index.html

Beth Zimmerman said...

Aw Noelle ... we're not supposed to worry about what the future MIGHT hold! Tough ... believe me ... I know! Love you!