Friday, February 1, 2013

It's Friday and I'm In Love - With My Hair

I'm going to let you in on a secret.
Maybe three secrets.
Perhaps you should get a pen and paper ready,  to write down what I'm going to tell you.
It could change your life.

Here's the first secret: iTunes.
Do you know about this iTunes?
I don't know where I've been all of my life, but I just discovered iTunes and I'm in love.

Here's the second secret: a t-shirt.
I logged on to Pinterest for my once a month Pinterest browsing, and read that if you wrap your wet hair in a t-shirt rather than a towel, it will be smoother.
It's true.
I've been using a t-shirt now for a week and I'm amazed at the difference in my hair.

Third secret: coconut oil.
Again, thanks to Pinterest, I read that if you put coconut oil in your hair, put it up in a shower cap, and let it sit for 30 minutes before you wash it, you will see remarkable results.
Oh my honk.
My hair has never been softer - and it looks awesome.

Yesterday morning before I changed out of my pajamas I smeared coconut oil in my hair and stuck it in a shower cap.
I turned on my iPad and listened to the soundtrack of St. Elmo's Fire (which I downloaded from iTunes) and painted a second coat on my bedroom wall.
Jason came in as I was dancing to the music and simply said, "Nice shower cap."

I don't have a before and after picture of the hair, but I do have one of the walls/bookshelves:





Next on the bedroom makeover checklist is to hang the TV, and get rid of the bookshelf the TV is on.
But before I do that, I have to find the piece of furniture I want to put in the middle of the bookshelves.
I have an idea of what I want; I just have to find it within my budget.
After that I'm going to start a campaign to convince Jason he wants to help me take the ridiculously heavy dresser to the girl who will paint it for me, but that's after I convince Jason that the dresser will really look better painted.
My work is never done.

Go and try the coconut oil and come back and tell me what you think.

Oh, and tell me something, have you ever even seen St. Elmo's Fire?
I haven't, I just like the music.
Is it worth going to the trouble of finding the movie to watch it?

I'll try to find more life-changing information for you - and if you need help with iTunes, let me know!
I'm sure there are a lot of people like me - not having a clue about the magic of iTunes.
Maybe?

Oh - and if you're in need of something to do, play me in SongPop - it could be a lot of fun!
If it's more of an incentive, it is Emily's favorite game to play.
The minute she hears the game come on, she climbs in my lap and bounces up and down, anxious for things to start.
My username is wam_379621149.
Who comes up with a username like that??

Have a good weekend friends.

My resolution for next week is to blog every single day.
Lucky you!

10 comments:

Jen said...

I've Song Popped you!

rplatt said...

you are cute!!! I sure do like you and am glad you are my sister.

Elizabeth said...

I ♥ iTunes. Best invention ever.

OK, so my hair has been needing some serious help. This winter has dried the life out of it. And it just so happens that we have coconut oil at our house. I don't even have to go buy some. Totally trying it.

And, I'm going right now, to rummage through the old T-Shirts to find one to wrap my hair in.

Thanks for the awesome secrets. If they work, I'm totally going to share.

xo -E

Sandra said...

Love the room. And I love itunes.

And if you play Noelle in Songpop- she is good.

Bridget said...

I'm so out of the loop. What is song pop?
I can't wait to try the coconut oil and t shirt tricks!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I can't believe you've NEVER seen St. Elmo's Fire. Hello Brat Pack of the 80's?! All their stuff was/is good. When I get home we'll have a party and watch it.

Bossy Betty said...

No coconut oil here but I will stick a couple Mounds bars in my hair and let you know how it works. Loved this post! Your spirit comes through!

Karen Mortensen said...

Good job on the shelf. Thanks for the hair tips.

Joann Mannix said...

Hello, my friend!

My goal is to try and visit a few blog friends every day, so I stay in the loop with everyone.

The room looks great. Love the color.

Ohhh, itunes. iTunes and I love each other. I have spent a great fortune there, over the years. It's my happy place.

And St. Elmo's Fire was pretty good, a typical 20 something coming-of-age movie. The only thing I didn't like about it was Demi Moore. She has always bugged me. Back in the day, I thought she was the worst actress. I think she's gotten better over time, but I still don't understand her appeal.

Enjoy your soft hair. I don't have to worry too much about mine, since it's as short as a boy's. Sigh. What I would give for gorgeous hair like yours!

-stephanie- said...

I never tried coconut oil in my hair, but just tonight I greased a pan with it, had some extra on my fingers, so I rubbed it on my hands. Very smooth.

St. Elmo's Fire is OK. It was probably such a cool movie in the 80's, but when you watch it now, it's pretty dumb.