Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's Not Much

It's 12:20am and Jason and I are just now sitting down to eat dinner: chicken taquitos and black beans for Jason and a bowl of corn flakes for me.

Duck Dynasty is on in the background, and Em is sleeping peacefully...at least until 3:00am when she will more than likely wake up crying.
She's done that every night for the last two weeks - for as long as she's been sick.
I'll get up and hold her for a minute and she'll go right back to sleep...until 5:00 or 6:00 when she will wake up crying again.
This time she won't stop crying until she's snuggled between her daddy and me, and it's at that point that she'll sleep her most peaceful sleep of the night.

One morning not too many days ago Jason looked at me wearily and said, "We can't ever let Emily get sick again."




Other than sleep deprivation and a finally recovering Emily, life plugs along.

My brother got attacked by a lawn mower blade he was sharpening, and is now wearing a bright blue bandage on his hand.  He's lucky he didn't sever the tendon in his finger.

My cousin, in a very serious conversation, told my dad he has been abducted by aliens twice.

My stack of paperwork grows larger every day.

Jason's leaving on Saturday for eight days.
He will be backpacking and won't have cell phone service.
I wonder if I'll ever be able to convince him to go backpacking sometime other than when it's my busiest time at work.
It's not likely.

It's now 1:20am.  Emily woke up.  If she wakes up at 3:00am I'm going to cry.

Last night I was telling Jason a story about Emily.
Mid-sentence, I managed to fall asleep and start dreaming.
I finished the sentence talking about whatever it was I was dreaming about.
I woke up knowing that I wasn't making sense, and Jason was laughing at me.

* * * * *

It's now almost noon the next day.
I fell asleep last night before I could finish this post.

I'm just headed to work where I get to deal with an employee who I am half tempted to fire - and this employee has only been working for two days.

Em didn't wake up at 3:00 - she waited until 5:30.  Bless her.





2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hang in there! You amaze me constantly and even if you do cry, you rock!

At least you weren't abducted by aliens on top of everything else too though, right?

Beth Zimmerman said...

You remain in my prayers sweet girl! REALLY wish I lived closer to you!