Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Woe Is Emily


My parents have had a Brazilian lady staying with them.
She spent an afternoon shopping at a newly developed outlet mall.
At the Tommy Hilfiger store she spent $1800.00 
According to my mom she's not even a little bit wealthy.
My sister in law and I looked at the receipt and are still in shock.
Just thought I'd share.

* * *


This picture represents the first time in nearly 24 hours that my little lady has slept.
And at that she only slept for about 20 minutes.
She's been sick beyond anything I've seen in a long time, and when we took her in yesterday to the pediatrician, they did a chest x-ray and told us that pneumonia is just around the corner.

She spent all of last night crying and whimpering, alternating between her crib and my arms.

Emily's Aunt Becca didn't think that the small Minnie Mouse was enough, and so she came over last night and delivered the bigger Minnie Mouse.
Em has been snuggling on it's lap for most of the afternoon.

I'm tired World.
Boy howdy am I tired.
I spelled my name wrong this morning when I was signing it, that's how tired I am.
Jason is leaving again in the morning to go out of town, and it's possible that I spent a good 10 minutes this morning balling my eyes out.

I've been at work this afternoon while Em has been home with her daddy.
I was hoping to sneak in a nap but I had too much to do.
I got a lot done so that counts for something.

I'm hoping beyond hope that Emily won't be crying when I get home.
She lost her voice because of all of the crying, and she needs a break!


4 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Praying for you guys, Noelle! Love you!

Karen Mortensen said...

So sorry for what is going on. Hope she feels better soon and that you can get some sleep. Wish I was close enough to help.

Nessa said...

Aww I'm sorry to hear that she's sick. Pneumonia isn't fun for anyone.

Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home said...

Oh, poor, poor thing! And poor all of you!! Praying that she is feeling better soon. I so wanted to meet her next week!!