Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


"Happy Mother's Day Mom, I broke some bones."
That's what our nieces should have said this weekend.
Good grief.

Jason's sweet niece was hiking with some friends this weekend and slipped and fell 25 feet.
She cracked her pelvis and broke her arm - she had surgery on her arm yesterday, and was in a lot of pain tonight when we visited her in the hospital.

She'll be in a wheelchair for the next six weeks and she's now trying to reshape her plans for the summer.

My little nieces, who are both eight, crashed on their scooters, trying to protect their younger cousin/sister.
Gabi broke her arm, and both Gabi and Kate have road rash.

I asked if I could take their picture and Kate said, "You can't put it on the Internet."

I thought about it for a minute and told them that I would be happy to pay them for the rights to use their picture, and they are still trying to come up with what they think their picture is worth, but they gave me permission to post it in the meantime.


Gabi hates the attention, while Kate thrives on it just a little bit.
They have road rash in other spots too...poor little ladies.

Grandpa gave Gabi several stories she could tell her classmates, yet the story Gabi is going to use is simply, "I got in a fight with my scooter and the scooter won."

And in my little world...
Being Emily's mommy is the best Mother's Day gift I could ever hope to have.


2 comments:

Nessa said...

Ouch, sounds like a lot of the nieces are having some bad luck. Hope they're not hurting too much!
Hope you had a good Mother's Day~

Beth Zimmerman said...

OUCH! And love that cute little pouty face!