Thursday, May 2, 2013

This and That


Tonight as I was paying for something the cashier said, "I love your ring!  It's beautiful!"

I was wearing this:  


"Would you like to hear a secret?" I asked her.

"It cost me $1.99 - I got it on some website for 90% off or something crazy like that."

She couldn't believe it, and told me again how beautiful she thought it was.

I had actually ordered more than one ring because I wasn't sure what size to get.

I pulled another ring out of my bag and handed it to the girl and said, "Have this one.  I bought extra."

She squealed and told me that I had made her night.

* * * * *

I had my back to Emily while I was picking out some strawberries at the grocery store and as a couple walked by our cart I heard the husband say to his wife, "She is one cute kid!"

That made my night.

* * * * *

I'm currently washing a load of laundry that until recently had been clean and folded neatly, sitting in the basket until I had two minutes to put it away.

Sadly, our girl threw up all over the clean clothes.

I've always said that Emily's gut hates her.
There's a good chance that in the near future I will say that I hate Emily's gut.

My sweet girl is so miserable.
My mom took one look at her this afternoon and almost started to cry.
"Noelle, her eyes look so sad!  I need to know what's going on with our little Emily."

This was how I found her yesterday afternoon...she was nearly asleep:



* * * * *

My sister Tiffany is 29 weeks pregnant with a little boy.
She was admitted into the hospital yesterday for what we thought was just an overnight stay.
I went with her yesterday morning to an appointment she had with the perinatologist and it was determined that Tiff has pre-eclampsia.

This morning the doctor told Tiffany that normal protein levels are around 500.
Dangerous for the mom protein levels are 5000.
Tiff's protein level is over 6000.

The doctor told Tiffany this morning that she's to the point where her life is more in danger than her baby's would be if they deliver him now.
Sometime tomorrow or Saturday Tiff will have a c-section and bring her tiny little son into the world.
She and her husband were told to plan on their little guy staying in the NICU at least until his original due date.

Other than dealing with a constant migraine that comes because of her ridiculously high blood pressure, Tiffany is in good spirits.

If you're so inclined, I'm sure Tiffany would sincerely appreciate any prayers directed their way.

* * * * *

I'm going to go now and clear off a corner of my bed so that I can sleep until my little lady wakes up crying.
Bless her heart - she's probably just as exhausted as I am!



2 comments:

Sandra said...

I agree, she is one cute kid.

Prayers for Tiff and her husband and baby. I had that with Jake and it is no fun. I remember spending months in the hospital trying to keep me pregnant "just one more hour" to give him the best chance possible. He is now happy and healthy and graduating from high school this year and I believe it is all due to the many prayers and faith of those around me so I will gladly add them to my prayers. I love your family so much.

Julie said...

WOW!That was some post. I'm sorry the Emily is feeling so bad. I hope the can fix her and make life not miserable.
Praying your sister and baby boy are healthy and ready to grow up.
Praying for your family Nicole.
Blessings!!