Monday, May 20, 2013

What Jason Sent Me





My poor husband...
He was probably worried about a matching outfit because I harassed him not too long ago about Em's clothes not matching.

He's a good daddy and Emily is a lucky girl.

Emily's cardiology appointment went well - incredibly well.
They don't need to see us back for at least 9 months, and then it will be to have an MRI of her heart.
Our girl has an intense fear of all things medically related and the sedation process was hard on her.
When Em was coming out of the sedation she panicked again and the only way I could settle her down was to pick her up and snuggle with her on the hospital bed.
Em's doctor wheeled both Em and her mommy through the hospital back to the recovery room, and everyone who saw us said, "aww."

Yesterday I tried to lay her on a changing table at church to change her diaper and she panicked - clung to me and would not let me change her diaper until I put her on the floor.

My sweet girl has been through far too much in her life.

* * *

Let's keep a prayer in our hearts for all of those affected by the terrible storms.



5 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Such a sweet baby girl. Hugs.

Angelwithatwist said...

YAY!! for hands on Daddy's.. Emily is so stinking cute. Oh man I hated when my boys had medical stuff they were like monkeys clinging to me to get away. WOOT WOOT for good news for Emily...

sean's smitty said...

So, so glad to hear the cards appointment went well. Have been burdened to pray for you and your strength, peace, renewal, freedom from oppressive worry after your last few posts.

Courtney said...

She is getting more and more adorable by the day! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Poor baby girl! Awesome daddy! =) I worked nights when my oldest 2 (step-kids) were in elementary school. I was horrified on a daily basis by the outfits their father allowed them to leave the house in! =)

Love you!