Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And no, I don't make my bed every day. Don't judge.

All the best things we have come our way because Jason 'knows a guy.'
And by things I mean things.
Things that in the big picture of life don't mean that much, but that make life a little better.

On Thursday Jason and I are taking the day off together - we haven't done that in at least a million days.
We are going to make the journey to the northern town where we both went to college - but not at the same time, because that would have been too easy - and after I convince Jason that we need to eat lunch at my favorite lunching spot, we're going to get this...for me.



I haven't been this excited since ...
I'm thinking about when the last time was that I was this excited.
I'll get back to you on that.
Oh the places Em and I can go with my bike and her little bike trailer.

Hold on - have you seen her bike trailer?


When it's not serving as a trailer it's a stroller and we love it!

(Especially because where we live is Grand Central Station for mosquitoes and when we're out for our nightly walk we can put the screen down and know that Em is mosquito bite free.)

The guy Jason knows is going to trade the bike for camping gear that Jason sells - and when all is said and done, we will have gotten an amazing deal.

Do you know how long it's been since I've had a bike of my very own?
Well, the last time I bought a bike was when I lived in Brooklyn - have you ever ridden a bike in Brooklyn?
It's not the sanest thing you'll ever do - but that's a story for another time.
But before Brooklyn - which was in 1996 I think - I can't remember when I had a bike of my very own.

Hooray for new bikes!

* * * * *

Jason has been watching Em this week...because after this week he will be gone forever.
This afternoon I got this text:


Here's a better picture:


She loves playing with the monitor...and my iPad...and her binky.

I suggested to Jason that perhaps this was Em's way of subtly telling her daddy that she wanted a bath and to finally get out of her pajamas.

We have our good days and our bad, but overall we're a happy little family and my family is really the best thing about my life.



3 comments:

Nessa said...

Congrats on the bike! I'm sure you and Emily will have a lot of fun with it!
When Chloe disappears I always find her in my room too, except my bed is too big for her to climb onto, so she's usually standing by my bed with one of her books that we keep on my nightstand.

Julie said...

Yeah for a bike. It'll feel so good to get out and about and give Em a ride. This is so perfect.
You do have a wonderful family and even though some days are filled with nasty there are so many days filled with joy and love that it helps to get past those other days.
Take care Nicole and have a blessed day!
P.S. On Saturday we moved Mike into his new apartment. While unpacking and putting things away I was thinking about you. Know why? Your overalls are front and center in Mike's closet waiting for winter to come back. :o)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Love you!