Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Heat and Allergies - My Favorite Combination

There are moments where I wonder what on earth happened to my common sense.
Heat + long hair = a rash on the back of my neck.
I had only been working outside for half an hour when I felt the rash on my neck.
I went inside and asked Becca for an elastic for my hair and some sunscreen.

After my hair was pulled up Becca was on sunscreen duty.
The minute she sprayed sunscreen on the back of my neck I screamed and jumped up and down.
It hurt - a lot.
My mom stood by watching the entire scene and said, "Why would you put sunscreen on a rash?"

(At this point Becca was blowing on my neck to stop the sting - she's a good sister like that.)

Why would you put sunscreen on a rash?
A normal and sane person probably wouldn't.
More sleep would probably solve all problems.

* * *

Would you like to see a picture that made it into my top five favorites?



Em's grandmas and I made the quilt for her.
You can't see it well, but the top is quilted with hearts.
She's in love with it and I'm in love with her.
That's a lot of love.

And look, Em's first drawing:

(There's a good chance I'm going to frame it - does that make me weird?)


I have to go back outside now... to the land of heat rashes.
I hope that for your sake you're reading this while your feet are dangling in a cool stream of water.



4 comments:

Angelwithatwist said...

Oh I wish I were dangling feet in water. Today is our hottest day so far and our air is shot. To find relief we are sneaking into the bedrooms where we have installed window units. My allergies are running gamut as well so I feel ya there.. I love that pic.. She looks so cute like who me??

Sandra said...

1.Ow, ow, ow. So sorry sweetie.
2. sleep and water cure almost everything
3. She has got to be the cutest child ever
4. I have all kinds of framed art masterpieces similar to that. We have great taste in art.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Oh man, heat rashes suck. I love all the pictures you post of Emily. And no, I don't think it is weird at all that you will frame that painting.

vindiebaby said...

No wonder why that picture made it into your top favorites she looks adorable :)

www.vindiebaby.com
Vintage Inspired Girls