Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's Been A While

"If there are five things that can make a root canal difficult and challenging, you have six."
That's what the dentist told me this morning after I had spent two hours with my mouth held open as wide as it could go.
Now that the numbing medicine is fading, I'm feeling a bit picked on.
I have to go back in a week so that the dentist can finish what he started, and work on a second tooth.
Woe is me.

Other than that, life just plugs along.

Jason is out of town for nearly two weeks this time, and Em and I are doing our best to stay entertained.
We go to work, we go for bike rides, we snuggle on the couch, and we spend a lot of time looking at numbers.
License plates are Em's favorites - unless we walk to the mailbox, and then you would think Em had won the lottery for as excited as she gets to see so many numbers in one place!

We spent the weekend at a family reunion and Em experienced her first exposure to camp fire.
I could not keep her away from the fire pit - every time she escaped she went straight for it.
Jason's mom helped her roast a marshmallow, until Em threw the roasting stick into the fire.


My husband has a camping gear collection that could rival anyone, anywhere, and he was so excited for Em's first camping trip, but he sacrificed all of that and got us a hotel room.
I've been sick for what seems like forever, and Jason didn't want to make that worse.
I was so grateful.
We had the experience of being in the mountains, and letting Em play to her heart's content with dirt and her cousins (it was a toss up which one she preferred) and then I got to shower, sleep in a warm place, and wake rested.

I'm struggling to keep my eyes open thanks to some pain medication the dentist gave me - I'm going to go and attempt a nap.
I can guarantee that the minute I close my eyes Em will come over and pounce on me.
I love her.
I don't love root canals.


2 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Ewwww ... Feeling your pain, Noelle! I don't like anything about the dentist! Just having my teeth cleaned sends me into a panic! And I have had the dubious honor of having not one ... but two ... dentists tell me that I was the hardest patient they have ever worked on! Praying the pain dissipates quickly for you!

Dazee Dreamer said...

aaahhh, now that is the perfect camping trip. being in the mountains, but sleeping in a room with modern plumbing.

Hope you get better soon