Thursday, August 22, 2013

Girl's Weekend

I just finished mopping my floor.
Considering that the majority of the floor space is tile, it's an impressive accomplishment.
...except for that part where I mopped myself into a corner and am now stuck on the stairs until the floor dries.

My sister and I are going away for the night.
We're going to a city five hours away to see Mary Poppins the musical.
When she asked me to go I told her I probably wouldn't.
Jason told her that I most definitely would.
They voted and I lost.

With the exception of the many nights that Emily spent in the hospital, I've never been away from her for more than just a few hours.
I know that Jason will take amazing care of her - but it makes my stomach have butterflies just the same.

It will be good for me to get away - it will be good for a much needed break.
I may need you to remind me of that tomorrow night when I'm missing my girl.





The lengths she'll go to reach water...

2 comments:

Judy Whatilivefor said...

You deserve it! Have fun this weekend :)

MamaMags said...

Mary Poppins is AMAZING! You will love it, but it won't make you miss your little lady any less.....try to have a good time.