Wednesday, October 2, 2013

As I Sigh A Happy Sigh


We have...

sand everywhere
sun kissed cheeks
salty skin
wet clothes hanging out to dry
tired bodies
a girl in love with the ocean
and a happy little family

We needed this vacation.
I didn't realize just how much we needed it until tonight.

Jason and Emily and I were playing in the ocean...jumping into the waves and laughing as they crashed into us.
When a big wave would come towards us Jason would wrap us in his arms and say "hold on!"
And then as the water and seaweed wrapped around our legs we would squeal and laugh.

The joy on Emily's face...
The freedom, for just a few minutes, from the worry and stress left at home...
The love in our little family...

This little spot of the world is just like heaven.
I needed a slice of heaven.










5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful photos. Beautiful Emily. Beautiful family. SO happy for you to have a lovely vacation!

xo -E

Venassa said...

I'm so happy to hear that you're all having a good time :) It looks beautiful there.

Welcome said...

You so deserved this vacation a long time ago. I've been 'silent' but reading regularly in the midst of all life has bringing me. What a beauty your little one is!

Lalis said...

Oh my gosh Noelle! Emily doesn't look like a baby anymore! That makes me so happy and so sad at the same time! I'm so happy you guys go to take some time for yourselves. :)

Of One Heart said...

I cannot have enough of this cookie!