Sunday, November 17, 2013

Another Change

It seems I spend my life trying to create more space than we have in our home.
We really need to move into something a little bigger - something with an extra bedroom or two AND space for Jason's home office.
Right now our spare bedroom is Jason's home office and trust me when I tell you it's full to capacity.

I've spent a lot of time thinking and visualizing and looking online for ways to make what space we have more functional.

Here's what I came up with for our dining area:

Don't judge me too harshly for the before picture.  
When life and I get into an argument, life usually wins and things like an uncluttered kitchen table are far from my top priority.

BEFORE


AFTER


We gave the first table back to a friend who has been kind enough to let us use it for almost three years.
And we took the hutch apart and put the top part in Em's playroom for shelves, and the bottom part  in Jason's office for storage space.

Jason no longer has to use the kitchen table as his desk, and Emily gets space to move around.
It's a win/win for all of us.

In case there was any doubt who the one in charge is...


Next up is Emily's room and the change from a crib to a toddler bed.
Wish us all luck!







2 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Looks great! Now you can take another much needed vacation and come and de-clutter my house.
We have a piano Em can stretch out on. :-)

Karen Mortensen said...

Looks wonderful.