Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It Won't Be My Last Failure

There was a time - once - when I tried to be crafty.
It didn't work out for me.

No really, it didn't.

I wanted to make something like this:

picture courtesy of Google

out of this:



For three hours I cut and measured and arranged and then rearranged.
I put more effort into this one thing than was worth it, because in the end all I had was a paper with the letter E on it and a bunch of crayon scraps.

I attempted a second time.
Do you know I'm a perfectionist?
I want the colors to blend nicely, not look messy...I want the edges to be smooth, not jagged...
Sigh.

I failed a second time.
I failed a third time.
I gave up after that.

I have a box full of crayons now.  And by box I don't mean one box, I mean a plastic bin full of boxes of crayons.
I'm happy to share if you'd like.

...please World, don't think less of me because I can't craft...




5 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Time to look for some different crayon crafts. Here's one to start ... http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-candles-out-of-old-crayons/

Beth Zimmerman said...

Or this one ... http://www.handimania.com/diy/multi-colored-crayons.html

Beth Zimmerman said...

Or this ... http://www.instructables.com/id/MINI-MUFFIN-CRAYONS-A-New-Life-for-Broken-Crayo/ - I'm not giving up on you and your crayons!

Karen Mortensen said...

Don't worry I am a little bit crafty but I couldn't do this one.

Julie said...

Noelle, your not a failure. You just look at crafting wrong. It's not a store bought mass production product you wanted. You wanted something you made for Em out of love and that is what you did. Try to see that in your project. She would love them if the E was upside down and backwards, mama made it for her.
Relax and enjoy.
Take care.
Blessings!!