Monday, July 7, 2014

I'm Feeling Lighter


We went hiking tonight.
It was the first time I've been hiking in a long time.
A really long time.
Truthfully, I was nervous to go because I was sure I would die.

In my other life I hiked three or four times a week, and I've missed it so much.

Tonight reminded me that I need the mountains...I think my soul needs the mountains.

I won't wait so long to go hiking again.

Emily sang the entire way up the mountain - there is nothing sweeter than Emily singing.

And there is nowhere more beautiful than where we live.












6 comments:

Bridget said...

Seriously, our mountains are the best!!
I'm pretty sure you need to frame that bottom pic!

Karen Mortensen said...

So beautiful.

Carol said...

Oh, that sweet girl!

Jamie said...

Wow!! How beautiful - the scenery and Emily!

MamaMags said...

So pretty! How fun to hear Emily singing. That probably kept you going!

Venassa said...

Wow such a beautiful place! Glad you were able to get out and do something you love :)