Thursday, October 30, 2014

I Had To Blow The Dust Off Of My Laptop

Twas the night before Halloween and all through the house Emily was sleeping...
Jason and I aren't sleeping though.
Jason is messing with his computer, which is pretty much standard operating procedure for him, and I've been reading.
It's like my kindle is glued to my hand.
It's feast or famine with me - I never read or I read so much I'm going to have to create a monthly budget just for books.

I've made a New Year's resolution.  It's taken me a few months to settle on what I wanted to resolute (I might have just made that up...that 'wanted to resolute' bit) ... I'm going to write a post every single day in November.  And maybe by the end of the month, I'll have gotten back into the habit of writing.

I feel like blogging is mostly outdated.  Maybe?  But I need to be better at keeping an account of my life.

The biggest thing that's happened in our world is that our little girl, who is far too quickly growing up, is finally saying some words ... words that others besides just Jason and I can understand.  (Okay, so far it's only two words but still.)

Em played with her cousins the other night so that Jason and I could go to a movie and one of my nephews said to my sister-in-law, "I didn't know Em could talk!"

To see her purposefully drop something and then hear her say, "Oh no" is about as cute as it gets.

Okay, Jason is telling me it's time to watch the most recent episode of Madame Secretary and because I love that show I'm going to go and make me some hot chocolate and curl up next to that husband of mine.





2 comments:

Alie said...

this is so exciting!

Vijayalakshmi said...

Some words. Two words. Happy days. :) xo